Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Notes from a smaller time

Today's poem is from the notebook I carry around with me. I have many small poems there. Some of them are trash. Some of them are very personal. And some of them are very good, although I don't remember why I wrote them--and that's the sort I'll be sharing today.

[An Untitled written April 12, 2012] for April 23, 2013

let us forge a well
and leave ourselves in riches
in hopes we won't have changed
after we're gone
and spend the money on our mothers
our fathers, cousins, brothers
until the worry is over
and our life has too been forged

(as a bonus, two incomplete poems written a few pages prior.)
1. 3/21/12, 2:45pm
    there are somanythings
    I'd rather do
    withmybrain

2. 3/26/12
    Across the winds
    who is justified


((125th post! Yay.)

No comments:

Post a Comment