Monday, April 22, 2013

Cause and Effect.

This is the last full week of National Poetry Month. It ends next Tuesday so I will try to be diligent, but I can't make any promises. Actually, I'll be gone all weekend because of a wedding, so it's unlikely I'll be really diligent at all. Unless I post everything in advance! But today, to make up for no posts on Saturday or Sunday, I will post three poems. All by me. All written right now. Read them and share them with your friends!



Divorce.

You start at one.
How does it feel to be one,
and then half,
and then whole--
for a while.
and then split into two,
less than half,
and then none?


Closing In.

The meteor streak
'cross a snowcapped peak
far from far
and above

lifts his comet tail,
intrepidly sets sail
and says

I'm coming home,
don't wait up.


Senseless.

I am the shot in the night
I am locked up tight
I am darkness and blind
rage.

I am the fist in the air
I am the warning: beware
I am violent, a farce on a
stage.

I am the vindicated on the ground
I am the echoing sound
I am senseless as you turn the
page.











No comments:

Post a Comment