Thursday, April 25, 2013

Dear God in the Moon

Here's a cluster of poems. One for Wednesday, one for today, and one for Friday, since I'll likely not be able to access the Internet. (And if I can, well, I'll be busy partying it up.) I'll make up for Saturday and Sunday once I get back, I suppose. Enjoy, and have a great weekend!

Precious [Written 12/7/2007] for April 24, 2013.

I turn you over,
watching every angle,
seeing each side
give its own light.
To call you a diamond
may be excessive.
But I'm not one
to say you're just a rock.


Dear God in the Moon. for April 25, 2013.

Dear God in the Moon,
--in the trees
--in my Heart.
How long must I stay
so far apart
from the ones that I love
--from the ones I'm
made up of?
Tell me you hear my prayer.
Tell me you see my tears.
Tell me that this has been
the last year.
Tell me you hear me.
Tell me you see me
--longing.


You are the Spring [Written 2/21/2011] for April 26, 2011.

My heart is but a fragile-petaled rose
which shivers in December's cruel wind.
Some winters' deepest wounds may never mend;
see how ev'rything but the thorns have froze.
I am sharper now than any knife knows,
more battle-scarred than any sword's rough end,
and cutting the gentlest hand of a friend.
But there may be hope for me, I suppose.
This with'ring flower may not feel worthwhile
but you embrace the thorns. This is your choice.
Who am I to wilt for lack of reasons?
My heart yet blooms in the sun of your smile,
grows in the soothing shower of your voice.
You are the spring of my darkest seasons.


No comments:

Post a Comment