Friday, April 12, 2013

If (not when) we

Yesterday was long and exhausting (as some Thursdays are.) I had a class at 8am and another from 6-10pm. I forgot my textbook and my Kindle at home and thus was completely flustered all day long. I also forgot to write a poem. Well, I didn't forget. I just didn't want to do it whilst in the computer lab, sitting between freshmen boys playing online games and sophomore boys yelling about football.

So today I'm sharing a somewhat old poem. It was written in February of 2011.

“If we, on Sunday mornings, write” - for April 12, 2013

If we in deepest anguish weep
and with the sharpest sorrow sweep
away the dust of pains now passed--
I hope our treasured peace will last.

If we with blazing furied fists
strike out against the angry tryst
and disappointed, light a spark--
I hope our violence breaks no heart.

And if we love with passions deft
and give until no beat is left
and unsatisfied decide to stay--
I hope we live to love another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment