Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Found(ation of) Gratitude: 6 & 7

It is in these early morning hours before class that I forget myself, or remember myself, and chide myself on forgetting to do this 2 days in a row. I admit it. I am feeling the mid-semester exhaustion which happens but twice a year. (The other half coming in March. And we all know how much I love March.)

#6. I've found I'm thankful for my Sunday afternoon prayer group. I got there early this week, so I stopped at a little park just past the house and took some photos. There were willow trees and a rippling pond (or small lake? I never know about these things in Illinois.) After I had quieted myself in nature for a good ten minutes, I went back to the house. And while it is impolite, and improper, to divulge the details of this group, I will say this: It's a wonderful gift to be surrounded by loving people in both joys, and sorrows.

#7. I've found I'm thankful for my schedule this semester. I'm usually stuck with classes before chapel, and classes right after. This causes a lack of eating lunch. Not eating lunch three days a week for four months straight can really take a toll on a person. This semester, I have large spaces of time between each class. Yesterday, Joey and I took an hour nap before my 2:15 class. It was cozy and restful, and much needed. Oh, how I love naps.

Perhaps #8 later. The day has only just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment