Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Found(ation of) Gratitude: 14 & 15

I've been doing a lot of "future planning" lately in regards to school. I don't want to go into details--mostly because I've been talking about it all day, and also because it seems to only make me more frustrated. When you get down to the real truth about my school life, it is complex, more complex than it is for the average college student. Now, I never say to myself "I wish I had a different major" or "I should have gone to a different school." Yes, I do wish it was simpler. But I know that there is a purpose to all of this, and that when it's over, I will hopefully get to do something meaningful with my life.

#14. I've found that I'm thankful for my academic adviser. She has been an endless source of help and friendship the last four years. She is supportive and encouraging, but she is also genuinely interested in making me the student and the person I should be. She tells me the truth, even if it royally sucks. I could not have picked a better person to help me through the process of getting my BA. She is such a blessing!

#15. I've found that I'm thankful for people that are "kind of" my friends. These are the people that have been in my classes, in groups I'm in, etc. These people brighten my day when I'm not around my "best" friends. They greet me in the halls, or off-campus, and during class they talk to me like I'm a normal person. They're not awkward. They laugh at my jokes. And today, when I was feeling angry and frustrated about some school-related things, they listened to me vent, and shared their own similar frustrations. The conversation seriously improved my mood.


I have no idea what I'll be thankful for tomorrow. It's a Wednesday. Somehow, when I first typed that, I forgot that days of the week were capitalized. The "English major" side of my brain is apparently tired. I'm gonna go doodle or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment