Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Found(ation of) Gratitude: 23

Today's blog is going to sound kind of dumb. (Especially if you read it out loud. Don't do that. You weirdo.) Alas, I'm having some trouble thinking of something to be thankful for, because really, today is pretty laid back, and saving the "big one" for tomorrow.

Basically I had a few interesting opportunities today. It's the first official day of Thanksgiving break, and because my mentoring teacher was sick last Thursday I thought I'd go over to the middle school to make up those hours. So I woke up early with Joey and took the fastest shower in the history of showers. I bought myself Starbucks, and drove all the way up to Waukegan, just to find an empty parking lot.

I'm not too disappointed. Being with 7th graders all day would have been torture, because I'm pretty tired. However, I still felt reasonably silly, and it wasn't even 8 o'clock yet. (The time also meant that I couldn't do any of the other errands that need to be done today.)

So I drove to see Joey at work and tell him what happened, then went home and... took a long nap.

#23. I've found I'm thankful for being an adult. I'm grown up enough to "go the extra mile" (literally) to take care of things. I'm also grown up enough to decide to take advantage of the free time I'm given and rest when I need it. I'm thankful that driving up there for no reason didn't upset me.

Seriously. That sounds stupid. I got nothin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment