Sunday, November 13, 2011

Found(ation of) Gratitude: 12 & 13

It's been a long weekend, and I still have an abundance of math homework to finish, so I will be brief. So brief, in fact, that I am combining Saturday and Sunday.

#12 & #13: I've found I'm thankful for my friends. Since getting married it's been difficult to find free time to be with people in a relaxed setting. Last week I had one-on-one time with my best friend for the first time since August. I no longer have a meal plan, so I eat my meals in the apartment (alone, if Joey is at work) and I live on a floor with few familiar faces and no common living area. This weekend I got to spend time with some people dear and close to my heart. I'm thankful for their willingness to laugh with me and walk around aimlessly, and to be silly and carefree in a time when much "professionalism" dominates my behavior.

I'm especially thankful for trips to the pet store to watch sleeping puppies, trips to the thrift store to find... who knows what?... and of course, trips to new places where we can buy food like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment