Thursday, November 7, 2013

Joseph.



Two (almost two and a half) years ago when I married Joey... *insert meaningful sighing*... I knew it wouldn't be easy. But I knew he would be worth it, worth all the arguments and all the stress. I'm not going to write much about marriage right now because it deserves a post of its own. Today, I just want to talk about my husband.

There's a difficulty in explaining--but not understanding--the depth of affection immediately felt between us. There was a kind of raw and vulnerable honesty when we first met, like somehow we knew it didn't matter what was said, nobody would get upset or feel awkward and that regardless of our mistakes nobody was going to be rejected. And when I say "first met," I really mean it. It only took a few days to realize that this was my favorite person.

And I am so thankful for him. I am thankful for the person my husband was, and the person he is, and whoever he will be in the years to come. He is still my favorite person.

7 random reasons why (for the 7th day):
1. He takes the dog out early in the morning, so that I don't have to.
2. He makes macaroni and cheese the way I like it (the way I can never seem to make myself.)
3. He is always about 10 degrees warmer than I am, which makes for hugging, cuddling, etc. to be all the more enjoyable.
4. He is crazy funny. Especially when he talks in his sleep!
5. The look on his face when I get excited about something.
6. He usually supports all of my insane ideas.
7. His beard is awesome.


End Day 7. Perhaps a "marriage" post tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment