Tuesday, November 26, 2013

25 & 26.

I've encountered a problem recently with my husband's job. It's not the job itself... it's how late he works. And it's not really a problem every single time but only when I have to be down there with him. It means that I am stuck waiting around until at least midnight, without the ability to blog or even use the Internet. It's the curse of only having one car.

So today is hopefully the last time I have to do this "two Thanksgiving posts at once" thing, because before you know it November will be over and we will be quite suddenly thrust into the last month of 2013.

For yesterday, I am thankful for children's books found at thrift stores. As the Storytime Queen (and a book nerd. duh.) I took it upon myself to peruse Goodwill's book section for some picture books and kids' novels. I've done this in the past just for fun, but it was even more overwhelming yesterday because I had to think of how I might plan a lesson around a book. Needless to say, a few books were put back on the shelf. I did, however, pick up a copy of the first Amelia Bedelia book, Steven Kellogg's Johnny Appleseed (which was full of gorgeous illustrations, as usual) and a book called The Way Meat Loves Salt which is a Jewish folktale version of the Cinderella story. I am already brimming with ideas for all three and can't wait to use them for storytime!

For today, I am thankful for extra time. Basically I got off of work early because it's Thanksgiving break at the school, so Joey and I actually got home before 10 o'clock and were able to sit down together and watch Once Upon a Time in Wonderland on Hulu, and we didn't start falling asleep after twenty minutes. It also means that I don't have to work until next Tuesday so I get to relax and finish all my Christmas cards. Heh.

No fancy pictures today. You probably don't care anyways.

End Day 26. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment