As promised, here are some highlights from the trip home for Christmas last December.
1.Joey had never been on a plane before, and I hadn't been on a plane WITH another person in many, many years. It was lovely to have someone to cuddle with. We also got to watch the moon rise over the clouds. The photo isn't that great, but you can understand how it would look awesome in real life.
3. You already saw this highlight. Oh well. Visiting the spot where Joey proposed 4 years ago.
4. Visiting Joey's family and friends. Top: the fam. Left: with cousin Jaidyn. She's so freakin' cute! Right: w/ Joey's mentor Randy.
5. Playing Scrabble with my parents whilst drinking coffee from my old favorite Christmas mug.
6. Making cinnamon rolls with my family on Christmas Eve. (Short side story: This photo won Joey and I $1000 from a "home for Christmas" contest by apartments.com!!!!)
7. Giving Joey (Uncle Phil's old) guitar for Christmas. He was ecstatic.
8. Christmas with my family. When you see it, you'll understand why I love them. Or why my smile says "heeeelp meeeeee."
9. My boys.
10. A breathtaking view of Mt. Rainier as we flew back to Illinois.
11. Photos with our dearest friend (and fabulous photographer) Sarah. See her work here at Sarah Kaitlin Photography!
It certainly is easier for you to see the whole trip with photos, rather than typing out the whole ten days. We drank gallons of coffee and drove hundreds of miles trying to see as many people as possible. It was worth the effort, and the impending exhaustion when we returned home, and we are so thankful to all the people who helped us get there. Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year.
And now, I promise, I will try to get back on track with blogging. I have a great post coming up in a few days. Come back soon!