Thursday, April 7, 2016

NPM 2016: Day 7 {That Thing We Thought We Wanted}



That Thing We Thought We Wanted 
[Original Title: Cincinnati]
August 30, 2015

Turned tables, upturned boxes
of a dream, maudlin and dusty,
are all just shadows of younger runners
with longer springs in their steps.
What will I do when you’re gone?
Every hour will while and wander
if you go and I stay; it’s not the same.
Goodbying embraces and curbside waves
were my skillset, my neurotic niche.
But left behind, perhaps not helplessly,
yet so stationary and solitary
as plates climb like mountaineers,
as dust sweeps over my world
and every space you touched,
will leave me scattered, scarce.
Mirrored memories and reactions
flit over unfilled calendars with
events unwritten and trips unplanned
but their possibilities float like ghosts,
hovering and haunting each day
that might find me lost without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment