Friday, May 24, 2013

DIY

I have trouble with time, and don't know what to do with my life right now. Perhaps I've mentioned it before, but I'll mention it again. I've tried to become a tutor, or a babysitter, but everyone who wants to hire me for babysitting or tutoring also wants me to clean their dishes and wash their clothes.

I mentioned this to a woman at church last Sunday, thinking she would laugh, and instead she said, "Oh! I just hire someone else to do that, two days a week, you know?" And I laughed, very uncomfortably. Yeah, I totally understand that, especially since I haven't done laundry in a month, and I buy my dish soap at the dollar store. But yes, I find myself completely relating to your life. 

Anyways. I do have one semi-tutoring job, which pays $8 an hour, and is with a dear friend. The company is good, and I actually learn a lot myself in the process because the "tutoring" involves reading her counseling textbooks. This month's class is about parenting, so we're reading through a "how to parent" book. It's totally dry and often nonsense, or obvious. For example: Three pages of tiny print explaining that financial hardship causes stress on children, and parents are oblivious to it. Really? Financial hardship is hard on the WHOLE family? I never knew. 

In the vast void of nothing that is my life post-graduation, I have also begun seeking housewife-y activities and Pinterest adventures. I've spent my free time during the last few weeks organizing my desk. (I even bought multicolored file folders. Imagine that.) I also went out and secretly bought bacon and donuts this morning to surprise my husband, although he woke up before I finished cooking the bacon. And today I'm going to paint the interior of a bookshelf with paint I found in the clearance paint section at Walmart. Yep. I feel awesome.

So there you go. I'm gonna Do-It-Yourself myself into a crazy, painted stupor. And then I'll probably just take a nap, or watch The Cosby Show on Hulu, because that's pretty awesome as too.

No comments:

Post a Comment