Monday, July 11, 2011

What bwings us togevah today

I had been doubtful. I had stumbled. I took a long and strange journey and it gave me a plethora of problems and a new sense of "anxiety" that I thought I would never encounter.

But I finally got married.

And no one can really tell you how wonderful it is to wake up to a loving face every day. The telling is never quite accurate. You can't truly know how pure that moment is... until you're in that moment.

And I can't explain the joy I feel when I realize, over and over again, that I really DO get to spend the rest of my life with this person. It actually happened, it's really permanent, I sincerely belong to someone and he belongs to me. There is no going back. We're in this for the long haul.

Speaking of the long haul, we're going to start it next Sunday, the 17th, which also happens to be Joey's birthday. We've spent the last few weeks living with my parents, which sounds awkward, but it's actually been pretty nice. Joey is spending this week painting houses with my dad, and while he's home we're going to try to squeeze in a few last social calls and (of course) pack up everything. Oh joy.

It's strange to think that a week from now, we'll be on the road. I will have made the IL/WA trek THREE times in the last year. Once there, once back, and once there again. And this time I'm going to make the journey with someone who has never been on a road trip. BUT he does love to drive so I'm hoping it will be tolerable, if not enjoyable.

And that's my update. I have too much to do to say anything else. I'm off to donate all my worldly belongings to Goodwill.

No comments:

Post a Comment