Sunday, April 8, 2018

NPM 2018: Wanted (Day 8)



Wanted
Written November 19, 2017

I echo of myself in the cobalt stars,
waves of wails on deaf supernovas, rings around
a black hole, an orbital cry which circles
back to me, calling infinitely in my finite flesh.
Are you there?

Golden curtains of sunrise fall from my head,
sweeping over the land and sea to find you,
my fingertips are within and without,
clutching at hoarseness, at the coarseness of the earth
where you cannot be found but must be sought.
Where are you?

My body is but a noise reflecting back from the depths,
searching canopies of leaves, layers of brick,
among dusky gazes and unsoiled remarks I,
I cannot contain ravaging hope longer than it takes
for sorrow to bounce from one edge of the universe
back to the one inside my heart.
Is that you?

No comments:

Post a Comment